Welcome...

Welcome to my project 365.



What is project 365? It is simply where you take a photo a day for 365 days.

Why do project 365? People do it for different reasons but I received a new camera for xmas and in order to get used to using it I decided the best way was to use it often, not just when I schedule a shoot but for everyday things. Project 365 will get me thinking outside the 'box' and make me think more creatively about what I am photographing. If you happen to stop by don't be a blog stalker :) sign up and leave me a message........I hate talking to myself!


Ok well I finished my 365 so now what? For now I'm just going to update a few things that happen so that family members following can still see what we are up to.




Tuesday, December 27, 2011

INVENTIONS

Day 353 / 365


I am constantly amazed at what Max can do with his lego.  Since we have banned him from getting any more 'sets' he has made some amazing things with all the lego he has and the great thing is he in making them from scratch so he is having to work out how to do it without a manual etc.
This is a very strategic and fun lego game he has created.  I think he has based it on a lego game that is already on the market but as we aren't sure how that game works I don't know how alike it is.  Basically you get a base plate and put on a series of bricks to make walls kind of like a maze.  The beauty of this is that it can be changed every game so no game is the same.  Next he added some 'treasure' pieces and put them in hidden corners of the board.  The treasure pieces had different advantages.  There were 4 orange cone treasures which gave you the advantage of being able to use 1 to move a wall.  There is 1 green cone which means you can jump over a wall and the red cone gives you the advantage of not having to go back to start if you get caught by the monster.   The monster roams the board and if you throw a black on the dice you can move him 10 paces.  If in that 10 paces he touches a player they have to go back to the start.  The object of the game is to get from the start to finish via the maze however there are 6 sides on the dice.  The black means move the monster, brown = move 1 spot, blue = move 2 spaces, red = 3 spaces, yellow = 4 spaces and the last side had a computer sticker on it which means you can move a wall.  Moving a wall allows you to block in an opponent or unblock yourself.  This is where strategy plays a part.  I think I've remembered everything but basically we made up the rules as we played to start with and kept what worked.  A super fun game that I find personally quite addictive and challenging.  Hats off to the 8 yr old inventor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment