Welcome...

Welcome to my project 365.



What is project 365? It is simply where you take a photo a day for 365 days.

Why do project 365? People do it for different reasons but I received a new camera for xmas and in order to get used to using it I decided the best way was to use it often, not just when I schedule a shoot but for everyday things. Project 365 will get me thinking outside the 'box' and make me think more creatively about what I am photographing. If you happen to stop by don't be a blog stalker :) sign up and leave me a message........I hate talking to myself!


Ok well I finished my 365 so now what? For now I'm just going to update a few things that happen so that family members following can still see what we are up to.




Monday, January 17, 2011

URBAN DECAY

Day 17 / 365






I have heard people mention a haunt called the 'The Mansion' and it is barely more than 5 minutes drive from my home.  We discovered it a few days ago but I didn't have my camera with me.  Today however me made a special trip there and were not disappointed.  This place is awesome beyond words.  It is (or should I say was) as the nickname suggests a mansion that has been left and is now in total ruin.  Fires have been lit hence the roof falling in, walls smashed, and everything that was ever anything has been ripped from its insides.  Such a sad end to what was obviously once a beautiful home.  It is overlooking a lake and has an enormous pool which on any given weekend you can find youths using it to skateboard in.
What happened to such a home?  There are many rumours but nothing concrete that I know of.  Some would say it was repossessed by a bank and after many years was then sold to a property developer.....some say the family's young child drowned in the lake and they never went back.........some say they were rich horse trainers who were offered a lot of money to sell and sold...........some say it is haunted.  Whatever happend it is terribly sad for it to end up like this.......a gold mine for photographers and grafitti-ists.  I don't condone people putting grafitti on walls but I will be honest and say that some of this art is awesome and while going through the many photos I took I think you could spend all day looking and photographing it and still not see it all! 

2 comments:

  1. So interesting... love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness you found it! I also don't condone grafitti however their colours are so vibrant! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete