Welcome...

Welcome to my project 365.



What is project 365? It is simply where you take a photo a day for 365 days.

Why do project 365? People do it for different reasons but I received a new camera for xmas and in order to get used to using it I decided the best way was to use it often, not just when I schedule a shoot but for everyday things. Project 365 will get me thinking outside the 'box' and make me think more creatively about what I am photographing. If you happen to stop by don't be a blog stalker :) sign up and leave me a message........I hate talking to myself!


Ok well I finished my 365 so now what? For now I'm just going to update a few things that happen so that family members following can still see what we are up to.




Monday, May 16, 2011

I JOINED THE PARTY...

Day 136 / 365


With the kids at school today I had visions of photographing a nice serene image for my blog, however today I did something that really deserves a mention even just to say 'I did it'!!  No I didn't go skydiving, however I think that may have been preferable.  Today folks I joined the party - The Zumba Party!  Ever since Zumba became the latest exercise craze I admit to being curious.  I love music, I love dance so put these two together and call it exercise it sounds like my type of thing.
So this morning I donned my exercise gear, dropped the kids off at school and joined the party.
Well when people tell you "once you get the hang of it its easy" DON'T BELIEVE THEM!
What they fail to tell you is that it may take you 6 months or more to "get the hang of it" by which time it may take another 6 months to recover and by then they will have changed the music and routines so you could be back to square one.  The instructor was like a super charged pocket rocket.  I mean whatever she has for breakfast, I want some.....actually I need some.  She is the most energectic and motivational person I have seen in a long time and I am eternally grateful she didn't make too much eye contact with me.
I can see why people would love this type of exercise as long as your body can withstand it.  I thought I was relatively co-ordinated but apparently I am not.  I think I would benefit from a class run in 1st gear and then maybe my body and mind would keep up with each other.  Personally I am not sure I will be able to get out of bed tomorrow, I think my whole body is screaming WTH were you thinking!!  As I walked home on legs that felt strangely numb I found myself actually looking forward to the easier task of housework.
Has Zumba recruited another exercise fan?  Lets see how the body holds out over the next few days, but at least I can say I tried it.  I can now cross that off my list of things to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment